ENTRY SKILLS ASSESSMENT TEST - OFA
The Degree Course in Digital Education it is free to access and does not require any admission test.
However, as for all Degree Courses, there is an assessment of incoming skills (OFA) which does not affect the possibility of enrolling. The assessment of incoming skills is especially useful for students to evaluate their level of skills at the time of the start of the course of study.
The Assessment of Entry Skills is carried out through an online test which in any case provides for an assessment and a minimum passing threshold.
WHEN WILL THE OFA TEST BE TAKEN?
The OFA test will be available to students regularly enrolled from the first week of October until 30 September of the following year. It will always be active but, if it is not passed, a further test can be carried out only after 4 weeks from the previous one. There are no limitations to the number of tests that can be performed.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PASS THE OFA TEST?
Nothing serious happens. The test can be repeated after 4 weeks and then after another 4 weeks, etc ....
In the meantime, you will be invited to train the minimum skills required through online training courses. There is only one constraint. The OFA test must be passed by 30 September following the year of matriculation. Otherwise you will be enrolled as a repeater.
FROM WHEN WILL THE OFA TEST BE TAKEN?
The OFA test will be available to students from the day of the official start of the teaching activities (usually the first Monday of October). Within the Dolly platform for online teaching, a specific section will be available with all the details and the possibility to take the online test.
HOW IS THE OFA TEST STRUCTURED?
The test includes three sections, one for self-assessment and two for the assessment of specific skills:
- Metacognitive Awareness Test (a self-assessment test of one's ability to approach and plan the study);
- Literacy Test (a text comprehension test);
- Numeracy Test (a basic arithmetic-mathematical skills test).
HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR THE OFA TEST?
- To improve your own Metacognitive Awareness and approach the study effectively, an experimental online course is available "Studying Effective";
- To improve one's ability to understand a text, it is advisable to read, read, read ... especially texts relating to digital contexts in communication and training;
- The Numeracy test derives from a standard test used in Great Britain for the recruitment of teachers. Within the platform, three self-assessment tests will be proposed. It is however possible to obtain information and carry out tests using the website of the National Numeracy Challenge or take a test using the admission tests of the Aberystwith University.